About Me

My photo
+++Enter At Your Own Risk+++ At the gentle nudging (I said gentle y'all) of a few friends, I have started these blogs in order to share my culinary goings-on and daily misadventures through my own brand of humor (ok, sarcasm). I just write about stuff! At 50, I have learned that living has gotten in the way of life - and I am going to blaze my own personal trail to fun (hopefully)! If it is feminine, great. If it is not, so much the better! Hopefully fun that does not land me in jail............

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken Salad Isn't Just for Lunch!

Why can't I have salad for breakfast?  Oh, wait, I can and just did!

I do not like green eggs and ham for breakfast. I will take great biscuits and gravy and sausage or a slab of country ham any day of the week. And sometimes I will even do really good bacon and fried potatoes. But a salad for breakfast?  Why the heck not y'all?!? Those of use that have reached the age of majority and do not live with our parents can do anything we damn well please.  Okay, within reason.

So I futzed through the house at 0900 hours (that is 9:00am for you non military peeps) and thought "man my stomach is grouchy and empty".  As I dig in the Frigidaire, I find 4 pounds of stuffed grape leaves, yogurt, left-over chicken and dumplings, fresh chicken sausage, and the list goes on. I could not figure out what to eat - then it hit me!  I have all that chicken still - tomatoes - etc.  But, I did not want hot and I did not want bread. I dug in the fridge deeper and found fresh spinach!

Now that's what I am talking about!

Earlier this week while I was busy considering Bruschetta Chicken as only an entrée or sandwich, I was missing the obvious.  Talk about the gift that keeps on giving! Here I have cooked up those 4 large skinless/boneless chicken breasts, as I described a few blogs ago and I am still eating on them and not getting bored. That little short bit of effort has paid off day after day.  Life is good.

Bruschetta Tossed Chicken Salad (any time of the day)

I tossed spinach leaves into a large bowl.

I pulled out enough of the chunks of chicken to suit my taste and cut them a little smaller. I heated them up just a tad in the micro to knock the cold off and was sure to pull some of that cooked garlic with them. I tossed them onto the greens.

I cut up a whole Roma tomato (because I LUV tomatoes) and tossed it with pink Australian sea salt, ground pepper and the basil-in-a-tube paste to taste.  I then tossed that mixture onto the soon to be salad.

I shredded mozzarella cheese over all that.  Yum!!!!!

Finally?  I poured maybe 3/4 Tbls of olive oil and the same of balsamic into the bowl that had the tomato/basil mixture and stirred it around getting all the left over basil paste from inside the bowl. I poured THAT over the salad and back to bed I went.

Now, even though I am a balsamic vinegar maniac, I should have cut the balsamic vinegar by about half. It was a bit much. A lot too much. But, I enjoyed the salad a lot none-the-less!

Awesomeness in leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...